PRIYA V. SANKARAPAPA
My practice focuses on Express Entry (Federal Skilled Worker, Federal Skilled Trades and Canadian Experience Class applications), Provincial Nominee Programs, and work permits. I particularly enjoy taking complex immigration matters, visa refusals, Appeals and Judicial Reviews. Please check under Legal Services for a full listing of services offered.
There is a reason I practice Immigration Law
I was born and raised in Chennai, India and speak Tamil fluently. I personally know and understand the challenges and the opportunities of moving to a new country and starting a new life. I take your decision very seriously. Law is my passion and I strive for excellence.
Why Hire an Immigration Lawyer?
Your Key to Successful Immigration
– Harvey Mackay
When a visa officer is making a decision on your application he or she is working within the legislative confines of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and its Regulations. In addition, there are Ministerial Instructions and Manuals guiding the visa officer’s decision to grant or refuse your application. Needless to say, a good understanding of the Canadian immigration legal framework is critical for a successful application.
Judicial Review & Appeal
Do you know you have legal options if your visa application is refused? You have Appeal rights to the Immigration and Refugee Board or you can file a judicial review application before the Federal court challenging the refusal. There are strict timelines to file an appeal or judicial review. Contact me immediately for a consultation.
What is my role in Visa Refusals, Appeals and Judicial Reviews
– Make an access to information request and obtain visa officer’s reasons and notes
– Discuss options available for you: making a new application with the proper documentation or file an Appeal or judicial review application
– Represent you before the Immigration and Refugee Board or the Federal Court
Work / Study Permits
- Study Permits and Extension of Study Permits
- Work Permits and Extension of Work Permits
- LMIA exempt work permit categories (Open Work Permit)
- Spousal Sponsorship
- Parents/Grandparents Sponsorship
- Sponsoring a Relative
- Citizenship Applications
- Humanitarian and Compassionate Application (H&C)
- Pre-Removal Risk Assessment Application (PRRA)
- Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)
- Request to defer removal from Canada
Priya V. Sankarapapa
Barrister, Solicitor & Notary Public
Canadian Immigration Lawyer